At any given time up to 1 in 5 employees are likely to be experiencing a mental health condition. It is imperative for Managers and HR professionals to understand the challenges that mental health conditions can bring and your rights and obligations in respect to employee mental health as an employer.
This training course covers:
• How mental health issues may manifest in the workplace
• Employers’ rights and obligations in respect to employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
• How to identify mental health “red flags”
• How to start the conversation with an employee regarding mental health
• How to provide support to employees with known mental health issues
• How to encourage safe work practices to support mental health
• Case studies of implantation and benefits of a mentally healthy workplace
• Actions the business can take if an employee does not have capacity for work or is not meeting performance expectations, whilst minimising legal risks
• Provision of a template Inherent Requirements of the Job document and Fit for Work policy.
Training Course Duration – 3 Hours
Managers and HR professionals need to understand how to foster employee wellbeing, while at the same time managing legal and other risks in the workplace.
After this training course you should be able to:
• Identify mental health “red flags” and be able to start the conversation with an employee regarding mental health
• Explain employers’ rights and obligations to employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
• Explain how to avoid unlawful discrimination with regards to employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
• Develop an action plan for employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
• Discuss actions an employer can take if an employee does not have capacity for work or is not meeting performance expectations, whilst minimising legal risks
• Develop a plan to promote a mentally healthy workplace, support options and resources.
Designed and delivered by leading workplace lawyers HR Legal and specialist mental health occupational therapists from P2 Group, this training provides a unique learning experience for senior executives, HR professionals and managers.
We use handouts, case studies and allow time for questions, storytelling, problem solving and networking with other participants to ensure you gain practical knowledge. You will also be provided with a template inherent requirements of the job document and fitness for work policy to enable you to start implementing the mentally healthy workplace immediately.
If you would like to train your full HR and/or management team, we can tailor this training to your business and deliver it in-house as well.
This training course will be delivered at HR Legal’s offices in South Yarra from 9am to 12pm on the 20th March. Tickets are available for $220. Food and beverages will be provided for participants.