Businesses are regularly challenged by the task of managing workers with mental health concerns; with depression predicted to be the second most significant cause of suffering worldwide by 2020 (BeyondBlue) it is essential that a proactive focus is placed upon supporting and managing workers with their mental health.
Poor mental health costs Australian businesses over $10.9 billion each year (Price Waterhouse Coopers) with workers experiencing non-diagnosed mental health concerns likely to require 3-4 additional days of sick leave each month (BeyondBlue). This has a significant implication for all businesses from a cultural, productivity, operational and financial perspective.
Pleasingly, every dollar spent on proactively addressing mental health in the workplace has been shown to equate to a direct return on investment of $2.30 (Price Waterhouse Coopers).
P2 Group’s boutique Mental Health Workshop aims to upskill executives, managers and supervisors in the identification and management of mental health concerns within the workplace through practical case studies, skills building and the provision of effective tools. P2 Group’s highly interactive workshops focus on:
- What is mental health; promoting a healthy attitude to mental health
- Prevalence of mental health concerns
- What is mental illness; understanding of the spectrum of mental health concerns and their impact upon workers and workplaces
- Understanding and recognising the early warning signs and symptoms of mental health concerns
- How to help within the boundaries of your work role; taking an early intervention approach
- Practical and realistic workplace case studies; common situations, what to do and the tools which can assist
- Legal and organisational requirements for reasonable adjustments and how these can be achieved
- Understanding stress; promoting a healthy attitude to stress
- Strategies for managing stress and assisting workers to manage their own stress
- Addressing the stigma of mental health and stress
- Developing mental health resilience and practical skills and tools to enhance personal wellbeing and the wellbeing of workers
To take control of mental health in your workplace, please register for this event here
Date: 24 November 2016
Time: 9am – 12pm
Venue: Hawthorn Arts Centre, 360 Burwood Road, Hawthorn 3122
Cost: $242.55 (inc GST & Booking Fee)