The Australian workforce is ageing, which presents significant challenges for employers to manage health and safety, while also retaining and maximising the productivity of their valued and experienced workforce.
This seminar, presented by HR Legal and in partnership with P2 Group and Transitioning Well, considers the legal, physical and psychological perspectives of managing the ageing workforce. We will provide insight into how businesses can harness the valuable resource that is the ageing workforce whilst also ensuring that risks to health and safety are being well managed.
The seminar will provide an overview of:
- an employer’s legal obligations, including:
- ensuring health and safety of employees;
- avoiding discrimination and making reasonable adjustments; and
- considering flexible working arrangements
- managing the legal risks around an ageing workforce including if an employee cannot fulfil the inherent requirements of their role
- how to facilitate the difficult conversations with employees around transitions towards retirement, in order to maximise benefits for both the business and the employee
- how to proactively manage the needs of an ageing workforce through Work Ability programs.
This free 1.5 hour seminar will be held at different locations on different dates. To register, please visit the HR Legal website here