Understanding Mental Health: A Guide to Supporting Workers and Workplaces
~ A focus on managing complex mental health claims and mitigating their impact on workplace culture ~
Organisations are regularly challenged by the task of managing workers with mental health concerns; with depression predicted to be the second most significant cause of suffering worldwide by 2020 (BeyondBlue) it is essential that a proactive focus is placed upon supporting and managing workers with their mental health. Poor mental health costs Australian businesses over $10.9 billion each year (Price Waterhouse Coopers) with workers experiencing non-diagnosed mental health concerns likely to require 3-4 additional days of sick leave each month (BeyondBlue). This has a significant implication for all organisations from a cultural, productivity, operational and financial perspective. Pleasingly, every dollar spent on proactively addressing mental health in the workplace has been shown to equate to a direct return on investment of $2.30 (Price Waterhouse Coopers).
P2 Group’s boutique Mental Health Workshop aims to upskill people managers in the identification and management of mental health concerns within the workplace through practical case studies, skills building and the provision of effective tools. P2 Group’s highly interactive three and a half hour workshop focuses on:
- What is mental health – promoting a healthy attitude
- What is stress – when it’s good and when it’s bad and it’s impacts
- Understanding and recognising the early warning signs and symptoms
- Early Intervention
- How to help within the boundaries of your work role
- Legal and organisation requirements for reasonable adjustments and how these can be achieved
- How to strategically manage and support mental health claims
- How to manage the impact of mental health claims on workplace culture
- Developing mental health resilience through practical skills and tools to enhance personal wellbeing and the wellbeing of workers.
This free event will be held at at the City of Greater Shepparton Depot Office, 315 Doyles Rd, Orrvale VIC 3631 from 9am to 12:30pm. Places are limited so please register below.